First Communion Banner Kit Designs, Downloads and Helpful Hints
Enjoy this First Communion Banner parent/child activity and opportunity to share your faith!
Scroll down for Downloadable patterns and more Ideas! Idea items may not have a download.
See children's banners posted by parents on our See Photos>Album "Children's First Communion Banners"
See children's banners posted by parents on ourFacebook page.
See Photos>Album "Children's First Communion Banners"
I wish you had a design pattern for _________________. To Let us know
I wish you had a design pattern for _________________. To Let us knowClick Here
HELPFUL HINTS & BANNER IDEAS!
1) Plan the placement of your pieces before adhering.
2) Layer or overlap your cut designs for a greater presentation.
3) Use the extra material to add rays, shadows or highlights to your design, or as the background to highlight a symbol or word.
Or add to a cutout. Ex.: Chalice: add small cross, add color to the node (center).
Or cut out a “loaf of bread”, or circle “grapes" to add dimension.
Trace a symbol already in the kit to have more in a different color or to layer them.
4) Trace part of a nickel with a dark blue felt tip pen to give the grape design more dimension. Thin Felt tip markers can be used to enhance the designs, but remember those marks can NOT be removed.
5) Use Letters like “A" and an upside down "U" for Alpha & Omega, or two”I”s to form a cross.
6) Unless tracing, leave the extra paper surrounding the patterns for easy cutting, and cut out the letter patterns you need in a large square before following hints 7 or 8.
7) Have an adult pin the pattern onto the material before cutting or tracing. Trace with chalk that can be brushed off.
OR 8) Trace the patterns backwards on the back of the material for easy cutting without leaving marks on the front side.